Finding the best 8 inch subwoofer for home theater is not an easy task. There are hundreds of similar products on the market which can be overwhelming to you.
To help you out, we have researched hundreds of customer reviews and feedback from all around the web and come up with the top 10 8 inch subwoofer for home theater you can buy today. So without further ado, let’s get into the list.
Top 10 Best 8 Inch Subwoofer For Home Theater – Picked by Experts
10 Best 8 Inch Subwoofer For Home Theater – Top Picks of 2022
- Acoustic Audio PSW-8 Specialty Series home theater powered subwoofer, 300 watts peak power, frequency response is 26Hz-250Hz, efficiency is 97dB, 8ohm impedance
- Built in digital drive high efficiency amplifier, 8” down firing long throw subwoofer, high rigidity PVA treated cone, adjustable independent gain control
- Low level and speaker level inputs and outputs, variable low pass frequency crossover control, signal sensing auto shut off function, phase control switch, bottom slotted bass port
- Black ash high density MDF enclosure with advanced RFL bass reflex design, product dimensions (H x W x D) 12.4" × 9.4" × 10.2", designed and engineered In the USA
- Use for in wall or in ceiling home entertainment, home theater systems, surround sound systems and multiple room systems
- New twisted flare port contributes to clear and tight bass
- Advanced YST II (Yamaha Active Servo Technology II)
- 8” cone woofer
- Stylish addition to any room
- Dynamic Power: 100W (5 ohms)
- Rockville Rock Shaker 8 Black 400 Watt Powered 8" Home Theater Subwoofer.
- 400 Watts Peak / 200 Watts RMS. Built-in Class D Amplifier. Enclosure is made of top quality MDF wood. (MDF wood sounds better and lasts longer than particle board). High-grade vinyl enclosure covering with a beautiful finish. The enclosure is built with the perfect air space to maximize sound quality and punch. The rear firing port is engineered for optimal sound.
- Class “D” Amplifier Circuitry with Auto-Switching Power Supply. High-grade woofer with foam surround and paper cone. Woofer has a Y30 grade magnet, and 1. 5” 4-layer voice coil. Distortion-Free Playback Even at Max Volume Listening! Very Clean Sound! . Enclosure is filled with fire resistant poly cotton. Detachable foam grill. Inputs / Outputs / Controls: . . RCA line input. RCA line output. Speaker High level inputs. Speaker High level outputs.
- Volume control. Phase switch (0°-180°). Crossover Frequency control. Power switch. Standard IEC power cable included. Specifications: . . Amplifier: Class D. Woofer Impedance: 4 Ohm. Signal to noise ratio: 85 dB (Maximum output with THD+1<1%, A-weight). THD: 1%. INPUT sensitivity: 88dB +/- 2dB. Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 200 Hz. 400 Watts peak output. 200 Watts RMS output. Voltage: 110-240V.
- Product Dimensions in Inches: (W*H*D): 11. 8'' x 15'' x 13. 8''. Shipping Dimensions in Inches: (W*H*D)14. 6 ''x 18. 3'' x 18. 9 ''. Unit Weight: 18 LBS. Shipping Weight: 22 LBS. Color: Black
- 300W RMS for a THUNDEROUS SOUL-SHAKING BASS RIGHT IN YOUR LIVING ROOM - ProSub 800 is equipped with a high excursion 8" front-mounted direct-radiating woofer pressure-coupled to an 8" low bass radiator
- BRING HIGH DEFINITION MUSIC TO LIFE – Infinite Power Source Amplifier, Discrete MOSFET output devices, and a unique radiator design provides 27% greater radiating area than a single 10-inch woofer so you can enjoy deep impactful music anywhere
- CREATE A FULL HOME THEATER SYSTEM - For an immersive cinematic experience, pair this sub with the ProCenter 1000 center channel and ProMonitor 800 satellite speakers or just add it to your existing setup for extra boom and punch
- ADJUSTABLE FEET FOR BETTER STABILITY - The ProSub comes with four integrated feet with rubber tips for secure placement on any hard floor. You can even adjust the height, if the floor surface is uneven
- ENDLESS CONNECTIONS AND EASY INTEGRATION - Connect this sub to any stereo or multi-channel audio system using the wide range of Line-Level & Speaker-Level Input & Output connections. It is very convenient and quick
- This is an 8" powered subwoofer capable of producing 60 watts (RMS) output. The subwoofer has a frequency response range of 50 to 250 Hz with a lowpass crossover filter, which can be adjusted from 50 to 150 Hz. Gain and frequency knobs on the control panel allow you to adjust the crossover filter and the power output for the optimum blend and balance of bass output with your stereo or surround speakers.
- The subwoofer has multiple input options, which allow it to be used with any existing stereo or 5.1 (or greater) amplifier system. For each input there is a corresponding output.
- High-level inputs accept a full-range signal from the amplifier's stereo speaker outputs. When connecting the unit as part of a 5.1 system, these would be taken off the Front Left and Front Right outputs in parallel to the standard pair of front speakers. The subwoofer provides its own power and includes impedance matching circuitry, so this will not reduce the power output to the front speakers or affect the overall impedance load on the amplifier.
- Additionally, the subwoofer has a set of right/left Line Level inputs. If using a standard stereo system, without a special subwoofer output, you can connect these to the left and right line level outputs on the amp. The subwoofer will then combine the signals to process the mono bass signal it needs to drive the speaker. If you are using an amplifier with a single mono subwoofer line level output, simply use an RCA "Y" cable to split the output and send it to the two line level inputs on the subwoofer.
- The subwoofer is housed in an attractive black wood cabinet that measures 13.75" x 11.75" x 11.75" (H x W x D). The driver and a 2 3/4" sound port are located on the front, covered by a black cloth speaker grill.
- High-performance Bipolar tower speaker: 28 Hz - 40 kHz
- Powerful, Forward-Focused Bipolar speaker array for wide and immersive sound dispersion
- Integrated 8" powered subwoofer and bass vent
- Intelligent Bass Control offers enhanced bass while maintaining overall tonal balance
- Iconic and visually powerful design features machined, aircraft-grade aluminum construction
- 8" SPEAKER DRIVER - Delivers powerful sound with highly accurate, distortion-free bass to provide you with a better listening experience.
- LOW PASS FILTER WITH FREQUENCY RESPONSE DOWN TO 38Hz - Ensures that your woofer only plays sounds too low for your speakers to properly output. Supplement your speakers great high and mid-range with bass you can really feel.
- THICK MDF WOODEN ENCLOSURE - We use high quality, dense fiberboard materials that offer reduced acoustic resonance for better audio quality.
- AUTOMATIC STANDBY - Save on electricity with an auto standby feature that ensures the woofer is not unnecessarily using up power when it's not being used.
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY - Edifier guarantees you'll have an amazing experience with our products. Buy with confidence, and enjoy our 2 year warranty.
- ULTRA-COMPACT POWERED SUBWOOFER FOR EXTRA PUNCHY BASS – An 8" Dynamic Balance woofer, specially-tuned downward-firing port & on-point speaker geometry helps deliver accurate bass with added depth that pumps up your movie, games and music experience
- LOUDER CLEARER SOUND EVEN AT EXTREME VOLUME LEVELS – Features smart compression circuitry that limits distortion and gives a more balanced & thrilling music experience with rich, deep sound, even at low frequencies
- HIGH-EFFICIENCY LOUDSPEAKER – Driven by a 150-watt amplifier (300W at peak), this sub is your answer to more power in a small footprint. It takes about one square foot of floor space and fills any room with incredible sound wherever you place it
- PERFECTLY BLENDS WITH YOUR EXISTING SYSTEM – Timbre-matched with other Polk speakers from TSI, RM & R/T/M Series, this sub hooks to any receiver. No hassles, no extra connections. Upgrade your home theater and entertainment
- A SLEEK DETACHABLE GRILLE on the front, along with LFE line-inputs, as well as speaker-level inputs and outputs on the back, and Low-Pass Filter & Phase Toggle Switch, make this sub COHESIVE & COMPLETE, especially at this price
- SLIM HOME THEATER POWERED SUBWOOFER - Standard RCA inputs easily connect to your home theater receivers dedicated Subwoofer Output. Save power with the added Signal Sensing Auto ON/OFF feature, slim 4.75" height fits under or behind most furniture
- 250 WATTS PEAK POWER - Integrated high efficiency power amplifier, 35 - 150 Hz at 8ohm with 24dB per Octave Crossover, Auto ON/OFF and 0 - 180 degree Phase control switches, Gain and 40 - 150 Hz Crossover control knobs
- 8 INCH DOWN FIRING WOOFER - High efficiency Low Frequency woofer with high rigidity PVA Treated cone, bottom slotted port, Bass Reflex cabinet design with vibration absorbing feet, high quality MDF with added internal bracing and black ash finish
- SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS - Standard US 110V grounded wall plug, any home theater receiver with dual or single RCA dedicated Subwoofer passive output, home receiver or stereo with raw wire outputs. Use for home theater and surround sound systems
- WHAT'S IN THE BOX - Theater Solutions by SUB8S powered subwoofer, 6 foot dual RCA cable, RCA "Y" adapter, stand mounts, wall mount with hardware, instruction manual - Standing sub with feet size is (H x W x D) 4.75" × 25" × 16" - NOT LFE Compatible
- BLUETOOTH 5.1 HOME TOWER SPEAKER SYSTEM - Stream music from your phone to the built in Bluetooth receiver, integrated power amp with 1000 watts system power, Pro Surround function automatically converts stereo to 5.1 sound
- EASY PLUG AND PLAY CONNECTIONS - Standard RCA inputs connect to most audio sources, 6 independent RCA inputs for true surround, stereo RCA AUX inputs, front panel controls with USB drive and SD card input, 2 mic inputs with controls
- HIGHEST QUALITY - Powered subwoofer with 8" woofer is 16.375" x 10.25" x 14.5", wired center speaker is 5" x 13.25" x 3", 4 wired tower speakers are 43.75" x 4.5" x 9" each, 2 fronts and center have a 6 foot single RCA cables, 2 rear speakers have 12 foot single RCA cables
- SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS - Standard US 110V grounded wall plug, any audio device with a standard 3.5mm headphone or RCA stereo or RCA 6 channel surround audio outputs. Use for TV or home entertainment, laptop or PC, DVD or MP3 player, gaming
- WHAT'S IN THE BOXES - Acoustic Audio by Goldwood AAT3002 powered sub, wired center speaker, 4 wired tower speakers, remote, 3.5mm to RCA cable, 3 RCA to RCA cables, instruction manual
Best 8 Inch Subwoofer For Home Theater Buying Guide
It’s important to have the proper knowledge, and advice before spending your money on 8 inch subwoofer for home theater. That’s exactly what this guide is for. We’ve explained all the important aspects to look for and compiled all our findings into a comprehensive list, so you can easily access the information that you need.
- Quality of the product: Quality is something that you should always be concerned about when purchasing the 8 inch subwoofer for home theater. These days you can find so many products that are of bad quality that it is extremely difficult to tell the good ones from the bad ones. So make sure the quality is good enough.
- Features of the product: Product features tell you if it will suit your needs and help you to make the right choice. However, features are not all the criteria for choosing a product. You also need to make sure that the 8 inch subwoofer for home theater works as described.
- Price of the product: Price is another essential factor you should consider when you are shopping for 8 inch subwoofer for home theater. Think about how much you need the product and compare it to the price you are willing to pay. Try to choose the item that you can afford and avoid paying overpriced products.
- Existing customer reviews: When buying new 8 inch subwoofer for home theater, you should always look for customer reviews. Because customer reviews tell you what other customers think about the product, they help you avoid making costly mistakes.
- Online marketplace: What marketplace you’re buying the 8 inch subwoofer for home theater from is going to make a difference. If you’re buying it off Amazon, make sure the seller has a good reputation with a comparatively lower Best Seller Rank (BSR) in the category where the product is listed. Please don’t buy it off a random person that only has a few reviews.
So now you have all the information on the best 8 inch subwoofer for home theater, and it’s your turn to pick the suitable 8 inch subwoofer for home theater for yourself. You can choose from our list without any hesitation. And don’t forget, you can’t go wrong with our recommendation.