Finding the best clear filament is not an easy task. There are hundreds of products on the market which can be overwhelming to you.
To help you out, we have researched hundreds of customer reviews and feedback from all around the web and come up with the top 10 clear filament you can buy today. So without further ado, let’s get into the list.
Top 10 Best Clear Filament – Picked by Experts
10 Best Clear Filament – Top Picks of 2022
- 【Toughness Enhanced PLA Filaments】---SUNLU premium PLA filaments have the advantages of incredible ease of printing Optimized printing quality, high purity with low shrinkage and superb layer bonding, meeting your demands for printing projects of functional parts with higher toughness.
- 【Dimensional Accuracy & Consistency】---These tough PLA filaments to be strict tolerances. Diameter 1.75mm, dimensional accuracy + / - 0.02 mm without any exaggeration; 1 kg spool (2.2lbs)
- 【Clog-Free, Bubble-Free & Easy-to-use】--- Complete drying for 24 hours before packaging and vacuum sealed with desiccants in nylon re bag. Recommended PLA Filament Extrusion/Nozzle Temperature 215-230℃, bed 70℃ .
- 【Wide Compatibility】 --- Works and harmonizes perfectly with all common 1.75mm FDM 3D printers, thanks to the high quality standards in terms of manufacturing accuracy and the small tolerance in diameter of +/- 0.02mm.
- 【Risk-Free】 --- One-month free trial, 30 day Money-back if you’re not satisfied. Spool Diameter: 8" - Spool Width: 2.5" - Spool Hub Hole Diameter: 2.20"
- [1 kg PETG Spool x 1]-- The prints made by our OVERTURE Transparent PETG actually display translucent color, even a little white feel. This kind of visual discrepancy is not determined by the material itself, but by the principle of 3D printing, i.e.Fused Deposition Molding ( FDM), which results in inconsistent optical refractive index of the medium.
- [Clog-free & Bubble-Free]-- Designed and Manufactured with Clog-Free patent to guarantee a smooth and stable printing experience. Complete drying for 24 hours before vacuum aluminum foil packaging, which can effectively protect the PETG filament from moisture. As the PETG material is sensitive to moisture, please remember to put it back into the re-sealable aluminum foil bag timely after using to maintain excellent printing result
- [Less- tangle and Easy to Use]-- Full mechanical winding and strict manual examination, which guarantee the PETG filaments tidy and easy to be fed; Larger spool inner diameter design makes feeding smoother
- [Dimensional Accuracy & Consistency]-- Advanced CCD diameter measuring and self-adaptive control system in the manufacturing guarantee these PLA filaments of 1.75 mm diameter, dimensional accuracy 99% Probability + / - 0.03 mm; 1 kg spool (2.2lbs)
- [Cost-effective and Wide Compatibility]-- With over 8 years¡¯ 3D filaments R & D experience, thousands tons of filaments output every month, Overture is capable of manufacturing all kinds of filaments in large scale with premium quality, which contribute to Overture filament cost-effective and reliable for most common 3D printers, such as MK3, Ender 3, Monoprice FlashForge and more
- 1.75mm see through white pla filament
- For common 3d printers such as makerbot, RepRap, afinia, up, Mendel, flash forge, solidoodle 2, printrbot lc, makergear m2 and etc.
- Temperature range is 190 degree C - 220 degree C
- Country of origin: China
- 【Toughness Enhanced PETG Filaments】 ---SUNLU premium PETG filaments have the advantages of incredible ease of printing Optimized printing quality, high purity with low shrinkage and superb layer bonding, meeting your demands for printing projects of functional parts with higher toughness.
- 【Dimensional Accuracy & Consistency】---These tough PETG filaments to be strict tolerances. Diameter 1.75mm, dimensional accuracy + / - 0.02 mm without any exaggeration; 1 kg spool (2.2lbs)
- 【Clog-Free, Bubble-Free & Easy-to-use】---Complete drying for 24 hours before packaging and vacuum sealed with desiccants in nylon re bag. without stringing and warping issues under optimal settings. Recommended PETG Filament Extrusion/Nozzle Temperature 240±10°C (446℉ - 482℉), heated Bed Temp: 70°C - 80°C (158℉ - 176℉).
- 【Wide Compatibility】---Works and harmonizes perfectly with all common 1.75mm FDM 3D printers, thanks to the high quality standards in terms of manufacturing accuracy and the small tolerance in diameter of +/- 0.02mm.
- 【Risk-Free】---One-month free trial, 30 day Money-back if you’re not satisfied. Spool Diameter: 8" - Spool Width: 2.5" - Spool Hub Hole Diameter: 2.20"
- 【Printing tips】The recommended hot bed temperature is 50-60°C, and the recommended printing temperature is 180-210°C. To avoid entanglement, insert the filament into the reel hole to fix it after each use.
- 【Wide Compatibility】Thanks to high-quality manufacturing accuracy standards and a small diameter tolerance of +/- 0.03mm, all commonly used 1.75mm FDM 3D printers can work perfectly and coordinate with them perfectly.
- 【PLA fiber with enhanced toughness】High-quality PLA fiber has the incredible advantage of being easy to print. Optimized printing quality, high purity, low shrinkage and excellent interlayer adhesion can meet your needs for printing projects with high toughness functional parts.
- 【Dimensional accuracy & consistency】Advanced CCD diameter measurement and adaptive control system in manufacturing can ensure strict tolerances. The diameter is 1.75 mm, the dimensional accuracy is +/- 0.03 mm, 1 kg spool (2.2lbs), the length is about 336 meters.
- 【No clogging, no bubbles】It has been completely dried for 24 hours before packaging, and vacuum sealed with a desiccant in a nylon repacking bag, which can make the printing more smooth and stable. Since the carbon fiber filament is easily damp, please store it in a resealable aluminum foil bag after opening it to maintain excellent printing performance.
- 【Premium PETG Filament】GIANTARM PETG filament combine the advantages of PLA and ABS, it’s hard and durable, with high purity, low shrinkage and excellent adhesion, which makes your printing more delicate.
- 【High Print Quality】No clogging, no tangles, no bubbles to ensure smooth feeding and stable printing, so that the printed parts have excellent surface finish and high precision. Recommended PETG Filament Extrusion/Nozzle Temperature 220-250°C, heated Bed Temp:80°C-90°C.
- 【Dimensional Accuracy】Diameter: 1.75mm; Tolerances: +/- 0.03 mm, 1 kg spool (2.2lbs).Perfectly suitable for common FDM 3D printers on the market.
- 【Professional vacuum sealed packaging】The filament is placed in a sealed vacuum bag with desiccant to prevent moisture absorption and keep out dust, and to avoid nozzle clogging.
- 【Service After Sale】Each PETG is carefully designed and produced by our team, and has been thoroughly tested to ensure quality. If you are not satisfied or do not meet your expectations, please feel free to contact us and we will try our best to help you solve the problem.
- Behaves as a combination of ABS and PLA
- Good tenacity, excellent hardness, high impact strength as much as 30 times more than PLA
- Excellent breaking elongation
- Corrosion resistance and weather resistance including UV
- Excellent shock resistance between layers and stress resistance - Does not yield “creamy white spot” due to stress for objects with thin walls
- 😀 【Easy to Smooth with Alcohol】 - PolySmooth prints with similar confitions as PLA filament 1.75, additionaly it can be easily smooth by spraying alcohol on the model (IPA 99%). The IPA will slightly dissolve the first shell of the print leaving a smooth and shiny finish. Say bye to layer lines! Selected color: Clear PVB filament 1.75mm ( PVB Clear Filament )
- 🧵 【Tangle Free & Moisture Free】 - PolySmooth is carefully winded to avoid any tangling issues, dried and vacuum sealed in a resealable ziplock bag with desiccant. Please make sure to NEVER let go the tip of the filament as it may create nodes. Holes on the side of the spool can be used to prevent this issue. PolySmooth absorb moisture more easily than regular PLA so it is recommenced to have a drybox when using PolySmooth
- 🛠️ 【Print Matte and Tough 】 - No warping, no jamming, no blobs or layer delamination issues. PolySmooth is a worry-free Smoothable 3D Printer Filament Clear which has great bed adhesion, very consistent color and dimensional accuracy. PolySmooth has to be used in a drybox to prevent moisture issues. PolySmooth absorbs moisture more easily than regular PLA
- 🎁 【Best Gift for your 3D Printer】 - PolySmooth is a high quality 3D printing filament PVB and your 3D Printer will love it. Polymaker Clear PVB 1.75mm filament is the ideal gift for you and your 3D Printer
- ⚙ 【Printing Settings】 - Nozzle: 200˚C; Bed: 50˚C; Speed: 60mm/s (Settings can be adjusted depending on the color and type of filament you have selected)
- 【Soft Filaments of High Elasticity with Free Build Surface】--- Our Tronxy TPU Flexible Filament is a thermoplastic polyurethane (TPU) based filament . It has a shore hardness of 95A and can stretch 3 times more than its original length. Excellent bed adhesion, low-warp and low-odor, make these flexible 3D filaments easy to print.
- 【Dimensional Accuracy & Consistency】--- diameter 1.75mm, dimensional accuracy +/- 0.05mm ，1kg spool (2.2lbs)
- 【Tangle-Free Tips】Flexible TPU Filament dried 24 hours before packaging and vacuum sealed with desiccants in nylon bag. To Avoid being Tangled, Filament should be fix into Spool Holes after Every Time Use.
- 【Wide Compatibility】Works perfectly with most FDM 3d printers on the market, such as Tronxy X5SA PRO,XY-2 Pro Titan,MK3, Ender 3 and etc.
- 【After-Sales Service】100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: TRONXY insists on offering best 3D printer filaments and best customer service for customers. No matter when or why you need to replace or refund we will help!
- ✔️【Material】TPU is a polymer material between rubber and plastic. It has excellent high tension, high tensile strength, toughness and aging resistance. It is a mature environmental protection material. TPU consumables are added on the basis of raw materials. It is made of toner and other additives. The material is environmentally friendly.
- ✔️【Technical Specification】Print temperature:190 - 220℃. Bed temperature:50 - 80℃. Diameter:1.75mm (±0.05mm). Shore hardness 95A. Net weight 0.5kg (1.1lbs).
- ✔️【 Wide Compatibility】Full mechanical winding and strict manual examination, which guarantee the TPU filaments tidy and easy to be fed. Works perfectly with most FDM 3d printers on the market.
- ✔️【Print Feeling and Effect】: We improve the performance of TPU Filament to make it easy to print, faster than previous TPU, excellent adhesion. Clog-Free, Bubble-Free, Low-Warp, Low-String. Full mechanical winding and QC inspection to make sure the line tidy, smooth feeding and reduce Tangle. The wind can help you speed up the cooling of the model. The printed product has an interesting bending effect, and a stronger grip when touching water.
- ✔️【Strong After-sales Support】No matter when or why you need to replace or refund we will help! No risk to give us a chance to prove us, ERYONE are your reliable 3d filaments /accessories/3d printer supplier
Best Clear Filament Buying Guide: What to look for when buying?
It’s important to have the proper knowledge, and advice before spending your money on clear filament. That’s exactly what this guide is for. We’ve explained all the important aspects to look for and compiled all our findings into a comprehensive list, so you can easily access the information that you need.
- Quality of the product: Quality is something that you should always be concerned about when purchasing the clear filament. These days you can find so many products that are of bad quality that it is extremely difficult to tell the good ones from the bad ones. So make sure the quality is good enough.
- Features of the product: Product features tell you if it will suit your needs and help you to make the right choice. However, features are not all the criteria for choosing a product. You also need to make sure that the clear filament works as described.
- Price of the product: Price is another essential factor you should consider when you are shopping for clear filament. Think about how much you need the product and compare it to the price you are willing to pay. Try to choose the item that you can afford and avoid paying overpriced products.
- Existing customer reviews: When buying new clear filament, you should always look for customer reviews. Because customer reviews tell you what other customers think about the product, they help you avoid making costly mistakes.
- Online marketplace: What marketplace you’re buying the clear filament from is going to make a difference. If you’re buying it off Amazon, make sure the seller has a good reputation with a comparatively lower Best Seller Rank (BSR) in the category where the product is listed. Please don’t buy it off a random person that only has a few reviews.
So now you have all the information on the best clear filament, and it’s your turn to pick the suitable clear filament for yourself. You can choose from our list without any hesitation. And don’t forget, you can’t go wrong with our recommendation.