Finding the best dac for raspberry pi 4 is not an easy task. There are hundreds of similar products on the market which can cater to your needs, but only a few of them stand out from the rest. We have researched hundreds of customer reviews and feedback from all around the web before we made our top 10 list of dac for raspberry pi 4. We did the heavy lifting, and made the process easy for you. So without further ado, let’s get into the list.
10 Best Dac For Raspberry Pi 4 – Top Picks of 2022
- The HiFi DAC Hat compatible with Raspberry Pi 4, Zero, Zero W, 3B, 3B+ with the 40-pin connector. Connects directly to the Raspberry Pi board, no additional cables required, no soldering. Easy to get more beautiful and fantastic sound by this RPI+DAC HiFi suits.
- Absolutely perfect to support all Raspberry Pi music playback system, like LibreElec, OSMC, Max2Play, RuneAudio, Volumio, Moode, PiCorePlayer, PiMusicBox, OpenELEC, Debian, Ubuntu etc. Support playing music from a hard disk or over the network. Support DSD over PCM(DOP) mode.
- Class-leading stereo audio DAC PCM5122, sample rates up to 384-KHz/32-Bit. Paired with stereo high fidelity headphone amplifier TPA6133. Provides 2.1Vrms ground-centered outputs coupled with Film capacitor.
- On-board a pair of gold plated RCA (LEFT &Right) jacks and a 3.5mm high-end headphone jack output, allow you free to play your music through Raspberry Pi to another terminals.
- Comes with software, document and friendly technology support. For more information, please refer to our wiki（view the link on color page comes with the goods).
- 【DACPi Aluminum Case】Ultra-Thin NUC Aluminum Alloy Case, specially designed for Raspberry Pi, reseved all interface of Pi 4.
- 【X950 DAC Shield】 Uses a Texas Instruments PCM5122 DAC to deliver stereo analogue audio to a pair of phono connectors, and also provides a dedicated headphone amplifier, supporting 24‑bit 192kHz high-resolution digital audio.
- 【Cooling Solution】Considering that the cooling fan will interfere with the sound quality, only use P165-B embedded heatsink to dissipate heat, which can provide good heat dissipation if there is no overclocking.
- 【Power Supply】 5Vdc +/-5% , ≥3A (Via Type-C of Pi 4); (Recommended to use Geekworm UL listed 5V 4A Type-C power adapter(ASIN:B09J856PND).
- 【Compatibility】Only for Raspberry Pi 4 (NOT include Pi 4 board), compatible with Volumio, Rune, OSMC, MoodeAudio, Raspbian Jessie, Openelec etc.
- Rapid, Tool-Free Assembly - The HighPi case sets the standard for ease of use and versatility in Raspberry Pi cases. Installing or removing the Raspberry Pi PI4 board is astonishingly quick, simple, and secure; all without tools or assembly. One snap action locks the Pi board into the case; the second secures the lid, rattle free. Remove the Pi board and the lid with one-finger-releases for each. Genius!
- Fits All Kinds of Hats - Whether you’re running a plain Pi4 board or modding it to the max, the HighPi case has your Pi covered. Generous internal room allows HATs, break-out boards, or heat sinks. Vents on three sides double as fly-through cable ports for the GPIO and whatever else you need to connect to. Supports PI POE Hat, HiFiBerry Hats, Serial Hat, UPS HAT and more!
- The HighPi case can be wall mounted horizontally with two screws for easy removal, or mounted in any orientation including upside-down with four screws from inside the case (Screws not included). When wall mounted horizontally, the A/V and audio cables hang downward from the Pi, improving visual tidiness and reducing the need for support of heavy cables.
- High quality ABS plastic case, designed and made in Canada, Large internal volume for HATs, break-out boards, or heat sinks, Vents on three sides double as fly-through cable ports, Self-adhesive rubber feet included, set of 4, Matte finish hides fingerprints
- External dimensions: 97 x 66 x 41mm, Internal volume for breakout boards: 90 x 60 x 28.8mm
- Packing List: 1 x Acrylic Case; 5 Group Screws.
- Acrylic Case for Raspberry Pi HiFi DAC HAT
- The HiFi DAC Hat compatible with Raspberry Pi 4/3B+/3B/3 with the 40-pin connector. Connects directly to the Raspberry Pi board, no additional cables required, no soldering. Easy to get more beautiful and fantastic sound by this RPI+DAC HiFi suits.
- InnoMaker DAC Hat support all Raspberry Pi music playback system, like OSMC, Max2Play, RuneAudio, Volumio, Moode, PiCorePlayer, PiMusicBox, OpenELEC, Debian, Ubuntu etc. Support playing music from a hard disk or over the network. Support DSD over PCM(DOP) mode.
- HiFi DAC Hat on-board Class-leading stereo audio DAC PCM5122, sample rates up to 384-KHz/32-Bit. Paired with stereo high fidelity headphone amplifier TPA6133. Provides 2.1Vrms ground-centered outputs coupled with Film capacitor.
- The Nanosound One is an Argon ONE Raspberry Pi 4 Case that has been redesigned to include a built-in Raspberry Pi DAC Hat while fully supporting Volumio and ROON.
- The Texas Instruments PCM5122 chipset helps the Raspberry Pi DAC Case provide audio at 192kHz Sampling Rate and 24bit Resolution with 112-db SNR for High Fidelity music.
- The I²S bus in this Raspberry DAC offers low jitter. This allows the Argon Raspberry Pi 4 Case to provide a smooth, and comfortable listening experience.
- Includes an Infrared Receiver and Remote Control to fully control your Raspberry Pi Music Player; making it very easy to get started playing music on your Argon Case.
- The Hi-Fi Audio Player also acts as a heatsink for the Raspberry Pi 4 Board; Giving additional cooling to the board while it's playing music all day long.
- √The X930 HiFi DAC for Raspberry Pi adds a high-quality sound compatible with Raspberry Pi4B/3B+/3B/3A+/2B/B+. Recommend HAT size acrylic case(ASIN:B074T7D1V5). √ Support operating system: Moode Audio Player, OSMC, Openelec, Raspbian Jessie, Volumio, Pi Core Player, Max2Play, RuneAudio etc.
- √Power supply: 5Vdc ±5%，≥3A recommended, Power via DC Jack or Type-C port of X930. You can use this certificated DC 5V 4A PSU (ASIN: B07413Q5Y4).
- √GPIO used for I2S audio : LRCK - IO19, BCK - IO18, DATA - IO21; GPIO used for power management: IO5, IO12, IO13; Analog audio output level: 2V RMS; Resolution/Sampling Rate: upto 24bit / 192KHz (Raspberry Pi I2S)
- √Packing List: X930 V1.3 Expansion Board x 1; Screw M2.5 *5mm x 8; Spacer F/F M2.5 *12mm x 4; Note:The CSR8675 Premium Bluetooth5.0 Audio Module and Raspberry Pi are not included in the packing list.
- 【4 inch HD Touchscreen】800x480 pixel hardware resolution, support HDMI input and HDMI audio output, backlight brightness adjustable. Resistive touch control, convenient human-computer interaction experience. 4 inch IPS full-angle display, refresh rate up to 60FPS. Support for playing video and games, while the picture is stable and clear can be used as a monitor screen, supporting 3.5mm stereo audio output.
- 【Cooling System】2 layers raspberry pi 4 touchscreen case especially designed for Raspberry Pi 4 and 4 inch touch screen. Come with cooling fan and 4 pcs heat sinks (size of heatsinks for CPU: 25 x 25 mm. ), it's better for heat dissipation.
- 【4inch display case for raspberry pi 4】4-inch touch screen monitor with an Acrylic case and related screw kits, you can choose to install it on a wall or stand to easily connect the monitor with Raspberry Pi or other devices.
- The HiFi AMP Hat compatible with Raspberry Pi 4, Zero, Zero W, 3B, 3B+ through the 40-pin connector. Connects directly to the Raspberry Pi board, no additional cables required, no soldering required. Easy to get more beautiful and fantastic sound by this RPI+AMP HIFI suits.
- Absolutely perfect to support all Raspberry Pi music player system, such as OSMC, Max2Play, RuneAudio, Volumio, Moode, Pi CorePlayer, Pi MusicBox, OpenELEC, Debian, Ubuntu etc. Support playing music from a hard disk or over the network. Support DSD over PCM(DOP) mode.
- On-board TAS5713 is a 25-W Class-D digital-audio power amplifier for driving stereo bridge-tied speakers. Offers low distortion and acoustically accurate audio reproduction.
- Accept a wide range of input data 8-Khz to 48-Khz, Up to 90% Efficient, Supports speakers 4 Ohm impedance allows you to enjoy high quality audio.
- Comes with software, document and friendly technology support. For more information please refer to our wiki（view the link on color page comes with the goods).
- Aluminum casing with cutouts for HiFiBerry DAC+ (RCA version) / GPIO / Camera / DSI display cable.
- 5mm thickness top cover to show off the system, Noise-Absorbing Feet, 2 Wood screws for wall mounting
- More Possibility inside: 29.5mm space between PI4 and top cover. Aluminum has much better Heat dissipation compare with Plastic or ABS material.
- Air flow: 2mm cutout on both sides, extra 3mm spacer can be installed for more thermal efficiency.
- 【OEM/ODM Service】anidees is a professional and experienced manufacturer of metal processing, we offer customized service to OEM/ODM which would make your job easier, welcome to contact us for more information.
- 1.The DAC Module provides a super affordable high-quality DAC for the Raspberry Pi.
- 2.Since it's digital audio, it sounds really good, much better than the onboard analog audio.
- 3.The stereo jack comes soldered onto the board already.
- 4.Uses the PCM5102A DAC to work with the Raspberry Pi I2S interface
- 5.Since it's digital audio, it sounds really good, much better than the onboard analog audio. The stereo jack comes soldered onto the board already.
Best Dac For Raspberry Pi 4 Buying Guide
Last year alone, we spent nearly three hundred billion dollars on more than two million products. That’s a ton of money being pumped into the marketplace. But how can you best guarantee you will get your hands on the best products? That’s why it’s important to have the proper advice before spending your money on dac for raspberry pi 4. That’s exactly what this guide is for. We’ve explained all the important aspects to look for and compiled all our findings into a comprehensive list, so you can easily access the information that you need.
- Quality of the product: Quality is something that you should always be concerned about when purchasing the dac for raspberry pi 4. These days you can find so many products that are of bad quality that it is extremely difficult to tell the good ones from the bad ones.
- Features of the product: Product features tell you if it will suit your needs and help you to make the right choice. However, features are not all the criteria for choosing a product. You also need to make sure that it works as described.
- Price of the product: Price is another essential factor you should consider when you are shopping for dac for raspberry pi 4. Think about how much you need the product and compare it to the price you are willing to pay. Try to choose the item that you can afford and avoid paying overpriced products.
- Existing customer reviews: When buying new dac for raspberry pi 4, you should always look for customer reviews. Because customer reviews tell you what other customers think about the product, they help you avoid making costly mistakes.
- Online marketplace: What marketplace you’re buying the dac for raspberry pi 4 from is going to make a difference. If you’re buying it off Amazon, make sure the seller has a good reputation with a comparatively lower Best Seller Rank (BSR) in the category where the product is listed. Please don’t buy it off a random person that only has a few reviews.
So now you have all the information on the best dac for raspberry pi 4, and it’s your time to pick the suitable dac for raspberry pi 4 for yourself. You can choose from our list without any hesitation. And don’t forget, you can’t go wrong with our recommendation.