Finding the best sata expansion card is not an easy task. There are hundreds of similar products on the market which can be overwhelming to you.
To help you out, we have researched hundreds of customer reviews and feedback from all around the web and come up with the top 10 sata expansion card you can buy today. So without further ado, let’s get into the list.
Top 10 Best Sata Expansion Card – Picked by Experts
10 Best Sata Expansion Card – Top Picks of 2022
- [Efficient] - You could add four 6Gbps/s SATA 3.0 devices to your computer with the PCIe SATA card and 4 SATA cables. Backward compatible to 1.5 Gbps/s and 3 Gbps/s
- [High Performance] - The 4 port SATA controller based on Marvell 88SE9215 chip, more stable and wider compatible. Port Multiplier FIS-based and Command-based switching supported
- [Support System] - The SATA expansion card supports Windows XP/ 7/ 8/ 10/ Mac/ NAS/ Linux OS, no driver required. Support install Windows OS from Win10 PE
- [For All PCs] - Our PCIe to SATA III 4 port expansion card comes with a low profile bracket and 4 SATA cables, compatible with most chassis on the market. Fit for PCIe X1/ X4/ X8/ X16 slot
- [Please Note] - You could make the system to boot from this SATA card but non RAID. BUT If your motherboard has RAID function, you could make a RAID with this SATA card
- ➤You could make the system to boot from this SATA controller but non RAID.If your motherboard has RAID function, you could make a RAID with this SATA Card.
- ➤4 Ports Adapter Card --- You could add 4 6Gb/s SATA 3.0 devices to your computer with this PCIe SATA card.
- ➤Chipset --- With using The Marvell 88SE9215 chip,more stable and compatible.Port Multiplier FIS-based and Command-based switching supported.
- ➤For All PCs --- with a low profile Bracket and 4 SATA Cable，compatible with 99% size chassis on the market.
- ➤System Support --- Connect 4 large capacity storage devices at the same time. Compatible with Windows XP /2003 / 7 / 8 / 10 / MAC / NAS / Linux OS.
- 【2 Port SATA 3.0】support AHCI 1.0 mode and IDE mode, bus interface: PCI-Express x1 slot, expansion interface: 2 SATA 3.0 interfaces
- 【Support system】: Win10 / Win8 / Win7 / WinXP /Vista/Linux.System requirements: There is an available PCI Express X1 slot, while supporting PCI-E X2 X4 X8 X16
- Support 6.0 Gbps, 3.0 Gbps and 1.5 Gbps of communication speed
- Support hot swap, plug and play, easy to use.
- Comply with Serial ATA 3.0 specification, backward compatible with SATA2.0, SATA1.0, conform to PCI-Express v2.0 specification, and backward compatible with PCI-Express v1.0.
- 8 Ports Integrated on One SATA Card: With SupaHub 8 port PCIe SATA card, you are able to add 8 SATA III 6Gb/s drives for your desktop. Lenovo and Dell computers block the BIOS interface of any third-party SATA Controller, it may lead to unpredictable compatibility issues or the SATA card can not be read. Lenovo and Dell computer users should be careful when placing an order for SATA controller card.
- Built-in Marvell 88SE9215 + JMicron JMB5xx chip, the stability and compatibility of this PCIe to SATA card have been improved. This PCIe SATA card does not support RAID.
- Supports Windows 7/8/10. Driver installation is required to avoid issues like "not all ports working" "won't power up" "slot empty". Multiple hard drives requires sufficient power so that to avoid "drop channel" "not working" an so on. Using multiple OS only supports Windows. You must turn off the power before pluging the SATA PCIe card into motherboard or removing it.
- Compliant with PCI-Express v2.0 specifications, backward compatible with PCI-Express v1.0. For higher speed, motherboard needs to be PCIe 2.0(GEN2, fastest speed 380-450 MB/s) or above, plug the 8 port SATA PCIe card into x16 slot. Old motherboard x16 slot probably reach PCIe 2.0 speed, but other slots(x1/4/8) not. Fastest PCIe 1.0 (GEN1) speed with is 200-300 MB/s. Actual speed depends on PCIe bandwidth of motherboard. If all ports are used at the same time, the speed will be slow down.
- PCIe x1 interface: This SATA expansion card 8 Port is compatible with PCIe x1, x4, x8, x16, not compatible with PCI slot. PRODUCT AFTER-SALES: i) If the product is damaged during delivery, please contact us directly for better response. ii) Buyers without CD-ROM, or the CD doesn’t work, please contact us for driver download link. iii) Please feel free to contact us if you have any question.
- ✅【PCIe to SATA 3.0 6 Ports Expansion Card】The pci express sata 3.0 controller card which each SATA 3.0 port will get 6Gbps max speed for AHCI boot and storage.Our PCIE 3.0 X1 interface expansion card allows you add AHCI Boot HDD/SSD on desktop PCs, Working Stations, MAC Pros and Network Attached Storage (NAS).
- ✅【High Performance PCIe SATA Card 】The 6-port SATA controller card based on ASM1166 chip offers more stable, with heat sink, long-lasting high temperature resistance.The high-quality slots and chip can improve the durability and stability of this card, at the same time, it equipped with 3 upgraded FP solid capacitors which reliable and safe power delivery.
- ✅【Wide Compatibility】Our PCIe to SATA III 6-port expansion card auto switch to SATA 3.0 speed 6Gbps max. Backward compatible with SATA 1.0 and SATA 2.0, compatity with PCIe x1, x4, x8, x16 and support system: Windows XP / 7/8/10 / Linux,compatible with 99% size chassis on the market.Easy to install, plug and play.
- ✅【What You Get】 1 x PCI Express 6 Ports 1X Card , 6 x SATA cable, 1 x Use Manual, 1 x Low profile Bracket.We provides you with a complete set of perfect match. Note: This SATA card was set on AHCI Boot mode, make sure now PCs SSD/HDD in AHCI Boot Up mode or will report Blue Screen.
- ✅【Reliable Support】90 days no reason to return the product.Our PCIe card have been tested for functionality and durability by third parties before sent to you.If you have any questions about the products ,please feel free to contact us, we will definitely solve your problem within 12 hours.
- ▶【6 Ports SATA 3.0 Adapter Card】: With this PCIe SATA card, you can add 6 SATA 3.0 6Gbps devices to your computer (No need to install a driver and contact the seller if need the driver)
- ▶【Supports 】: Supports Windows XP/8/10 / MAC / NAS / Ubuntu(Not recommended to use win 7, it may be stuck)
- ▶【Easy to Install】: PCIe to SATA 3.0 Host Controller Card with a standard profile Bracket, can be used on PCIe X4/X8/X16 card slots, compatible with most size chassis on the market
- ▶【Note】: The 6-port does not support RAID. The RAID in INTEL is only for original SATA. It is an expansion card that cannot support third-party chips.
- You could expand six 6Gb/s sata ssd or optical drives with this pcie sata card.
- 【WIDE COMPATIBILITY】--Compliant with Serial ATA 3.0 specification, backward compatible with SATA2.0 SATA1.0; PCI-Express v2.0 compliant, backward compatible with PCI-Express v1.0.Fit For Windows 7/8/XP/10,fit for Ubuntu system.
- 【HIGH SPEEDS】--Supports communication speeds of 6.0 Gbps, 3.0 Gbps and 1.5 Gbps; supports Gen 1i, Gen 1x, Gen 2i, Gen 2m, Gen 2x, and Gen 3i.
- 【SUPPORTS MODE】--Supports AHCI1.0 mode and IDE mode, native command queue (NCQ), FIS based on port multiplier switch or command switching and hot plug.
- 【WARM TIPS】--Compatible with SATA6G, 3G and 1.5G hard drives.User with SATA3.0 data cable for best results.PCI-E must have a slot above V2.0, V1.0 will not exceed 250M, PCI-E can be X1 or X16 as long as it is V2.0 version, there is spare X16 slot directly into X16 slot on.
- 【CUSTOMER SERVICE】--We guarantee the product is 100% brand new. Please feel free to contact us if you have any problems, we will give you a satisfactory answer.
- [PCIE X4 to 10 SATA] This PCIE 4X SATA card can be expanded to 10 SATA 3.0 6Gbps ports via Pcie X4 X8 X16 slots. No drivers needed, Easy to install, Plug and Play. Hardware RAID mode is not supported.
- [Powerful chipset] This PCIe to SATA adapter card adopted ASMedia ASM1166 and JBM575 as master chipset , double chip make the SATA card more stable and compatible, supports each of 10 SATA 3.0 ports transfer rate up to 6Gbps for AHCI boot and storage. backward compatible with SATA II.
- [Great Compatibility] Compatible system:Windows7 32/64-bit XP Vista WIN7/8/10 LINUX. Support 2.5inch SSD/HDD, 3.5inch HDD, 5.25inch Blu-ray drive and other SATA Interface Devices. Pci-e X4 X8 X16 slots are available for this SATA card, Pcie X1 slot is not.
- [Excellent Design] Adopts highly heat-conductive heat radiator accelerate heat dissipation, ensure long-lasting high temperature resistance and more stable operation. With LED indicator monitoring the status of work, the blue lights will always be on when the hard disk is inserted and flash when reading the data.
- [Package Including] 1 pcs PCIe SATA Card 10 Ports; 10 pcs SATA Cables; 1 pcs Low-Profile Bracket; 2 pcs screws.
- 1.The FS-S4-Pro is a PCI express 3.0 X1 interface to 4-Ports 6 Gbps max speed SATA 3.0 expansion card. It allows users add 4X Non-Raid SATA 3.0 Storage or AHCI Boot HDD/SSD on desktop PCs, Servers, MAC Pro and Network Attached Storage (NAS).
- 2.Select the ASMedia ASM1064 the most stable Non-Raid PCIE 3.0 SATA controller solution. PCIE 3.0 X1 interface provide 8Gbps total bandwidth. Each SATA 3.0 port will get 6Gbps max speed for AHCI boot and storage.
- 3. Plug and Play on Windows Server 2019,2016,2012R2,2012,2008R2,2008,2003R2,2003(32/64), Windows XP, Vista,7,8.x,10(32/64bit), MAC OS 10.4.x,10.5.x,10.6.x,10.7.x,10.8.X,10.9.x, 10.10.x, 10.11.x,10.12.x,10.13.x, 10.14.x,10.15.x and most of Linux kernel systems.
- 4.Compliant with Serial ATA(SATA) Revision 3.1 specifications, auto switch to SATA 3.0 speed 6Gbps max. Backward compatible with SATA 1.0 and SATA 2.0. Support PCIE 1.0,2.0,3.0,4.0 protocol on PCIE X1, X2, X4, X8, X16 slot.
- 5.Warning: 1. This SATA card was set on AHCI Boot mode, make sure now PCs in AHCI Boot Up mode or will report Blue Screen Death.2. Please make sure users power supply unit (PSU) can provide 4X max SATA interface power supply for HDD/SSD.3. Users must make sure PCs/Motherboards have at least one PCIE slot before purchase.4. Slim PCs need user change to low profile bracket.
- Chipset: ASMedia 1064
- 4 Internal SATA 6Gb/s Ports. SATA ports are bootable
- Compliant with Serial ATA Specification 3.0. Hot Plug and Hot Swap
- Compliant with PCI-Express Specification v1.0
- Supports Native Command Queue (NCQ). Supports Port Multiplier FIS Based Switching or Command Based Switching
Best Sata Expansion Card Buying Guide
It’s important to have the proper knowledge, and advice before spending your money on sata expansion card. That’s exactly what this guide is for. We’ve explained all the important aspects to look for and compiled all our findings into a comprehensive list, so you can easily access the information that you need.
- Quality of the product: Quality is something that you should always be concerned about when purchasing the sata expansion card. These days you can find so many products that are of bad quality that it is extremely difficult to tell the good ones from the bad ones. So make sure the quality is good enough.
- Features of the product: Product features tell you if it will suit your needs and help you to make the right choice. However, features are not all the criteria for choosing a product. You also need to make sure that the sata expansion card works as described.
- Price of the product: Price is another essential factor you should consider when you are shopping for sata expansion card. Think about how much you need the product and compare it to the price you are willing to pay. Try to choose the item that you can afford and avoid paying overpriced products.
- Existing customer reviews: When buying new sata expansion card, you should always look for customer reviews. Because customer reviews tell you what other customers think about the product, they help you avoid making costly mistakes.
- Online marketplace: What marketplace you’re buying the sata expansion card from is going to make a difference. If you’re buying it off Amazon, make sure the seller has a good reputation with a comparatively lower Best Seller Rank (BSR) in the category where the product is listed. Please don’t buy it off a random person that only has a few reviews.
So now you have all the information on the best sata expansion card, and it’s your turn to pick the suitable sata expansion card for yourself. You can choose from our list without any hesitation. And don’t forget, you can’t go wrong with our recommendation.